Blog Description

A place for one mom to share her ideas, crafts, stories, and adventures in this exciting time of life called MOTHERHOOD

Thursday, March 3, 2011

I hate growth spurts...

If there is one thing I hate about having an adorable baby, its growth spurts.  I really miss my little 20 inch 8 pounder!  I swear these little ones grow an inch overnight!  I went to work this weekend and I came back to a bigger baby!  This week I've started packing up some of his 0-3 month clothes.  His legs are way too long for the footed onesies, he has to keep his knees bent just to wear them!  His onesies won't be too far behind.  They are fairly tight on him now.  We might be able to get another week or two out of those at least.  I'm glad that his clothes are so far still being pretty true-to-size on him.  Although I have some 6 month clothes that are clearly summer clothes, so I may just have to give up on them!

The cutest thing happened last night!  My husband got home from work and he was holding our little guy and I started to show him a video of our son laughing which was just so cute.  As soon as I pressed play our son swiveled his head around to look at the screen and started to smile at the video of him laughing!  Then he started to giggle when he giggled on the video!  It was SO freaking adorable.  My hubby and I got a good giggle out of watching him get so amused by watching himself laugh!

But that is one thing that is wonderful as our little ones grow older.  New discoveries.  Each time my little guy gets to another milestone, my heart swells with such joy that its absolutely indescribable.  Just within the past two weeks our little one has rolled over numerous times on his play mat, tried REALLY hard to crawl (Still hasn't worked out the arms yet, but the legs know what they're doing!), he's full of belly laughs, and is now grabbing at toys.  He's growing more interactive by the day (and cuter too, I might add!) and some days I can't wait to wake up in the morning to see what he's going to learn next.

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy every moment you can even when he starts to get on your nerves (temper tantrums, getting into everything!). It goes by way to fast, take as many pictures as you can to keep those memories. He is going to be one of the sweetest little boys out there!
    Court

    ReplyDelete
  2. Growth spurts are crazy! I'm scared to see how big Hayden is at his 4 month check up on the 18th. I know at 2 months and 2 weeks he was 14lbs12oz. I know he's at least 15 and a half now, maybe more. And long. They grow WAY TOO FAST. lol

    ReplyDelete