Blog Description

A place for one mom to share her ideas, crafts, stories, and adventures in this exciting time of life called MOTHERHOOD

Monday, March 14, 2011

Couponing Chronicles Part 3

I know it has been quite a few days since I posted a new blog, but it certainly has been quite the busy weekend! I think I'm still exhausted from my latest coupon adventure and taking my little guy along for the ride.

So our local grocery store, Weis sent me this AWESOME flyer a few weeks ago about their "Price Freeze" campaign that's once again going on.  It contained 4 weeks worth of coupons.  The first was $5 off your order of $50 or more and then 3 coupons for FREE items.  This past week it was a free 2-liter Pepsi product, free Celeste personal pizza, and a free carton of Weis brand ice cream.  Now Weis normally isn't my first choice to grocery shop since now I know for sure that Giant prices are far better, but I couldn't pass up free items!  So I printed a few other coupons, grabbed some formula checks, and headed out.

My goal was no more than $50 for groceries so here's what I got (Now don't judge my nutritional value of my list, it was just an odds and ends trip):

- Potato Chips
- Hot Dog rolls
- Bread
- Personal pizza
- Frozen dinners (2)
- Butter
- Ice cream
- Bulk frozen french fries
- Rice-A-Roni
- Noodle-A-Roni
- Brownie mix
- Instant rice
- RTF Similac formula (2)
- Gerber Good Start formula
- Iced tea mix
- Diapers
- Diet Pepsi

Total before discounts: $59.40  
Total after store specials: $57.12
Total after formula checks: $46.87


Coupon savings: $11.50
Weis Club Savings (including the special FREE coupons): $12.27


Total after coupons: $25.38


Oh yes, you've read that correctly.  I saved 40% off my grocery order just from coupons!!!  And here is my list just in case you don't believe me:


It really PAYS to coupon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment