Blog Description

A place for one mom to share her ideas, crafts, stories, and adventures in this exciting time of life called MOTHERHOOD

Monday, February 28, 2011

One Year Ago Today...

My darling husband and I saw the most wonderful thing...  Two lines on a pregnancy test!  I can't believe that its been ONE YEAR already!  I looked back at all of the ultrasound pictures, especially our first one, in complete and utter amazement.  Our little boy was the size of a GRAPE at our first ultrasound at 9 weeks!  And now he's the sweetest, most adorable little guy with the biggest smiles and the most freaking cutest giggle.  We have been so blessed to have such a wonderful baby and its just...it leaves me speechless how so much can change in just a year!

Here's my journal entry from that fateful day:

I got my first positive today!

Well I was at my parents and got to calculating... And it seems that I miscalculated my cycle days. (I hate months that have more than 30 days! LOL) So I realized that I should have gotten my period yesterday. I was still feeling symtoms today, along with some new ones: Sore breasts, slight cramping, fullness in abdomen, nausea, increased urination, increased bowel movements, increased hunger, along with a few others.

So my husband and I got home from the parents and I was like, "What the heck? I still have one pregnancy test after this one." So I ran upstairs while dinner was cooking and took the test. And TADA! Positive! (It was one of those Dollar Tree tests even!) So I stared at the test for a little and decided to call my husband upstairs after donning my "Baby" shirt. I was hiding the printing on the shirt when I said, "I have something I want you to see." I moved my hand and his face when blank then with intense excitement and questioning. He said, "Are you serious?" and I told him to look at the test. Sure enough, he saw two lines too! We got all excited and breathless and hugged, a lot, before we dated the test and took pictures.

So after dinner I ran out and got a digital test and we're testing together tomorrow morning. I can't wait to see if we're two-for-two!!!

1 comment:

  1. I was just looking at her ultrasound pictures this morning! =)

    ReplyDelete