Blog Description

A place for one mom to share her ideas, crafts, stories, and adventures in this exciting time of life called MOTHERHOOD

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Couponing Chronicles Part 2

Well, as you know most people are dealing with a financial crisis these days and it just plain SUCKS.  There are PLENTY of hard-working people out there that don't deserve this stress-filled environment that we're in right now.  Since we're one of those families having a rough time, I've taken to hard-core couponing and scoping out sales.  I have to admit, on more than one occasion I've stretched $5 farther than you could ever think possible!  And yesterday was just another example.

So, yesterday I had $10 cash in my pocket and $5 in the bank and I had 4 coupons that were itching to be used (two expired yesterday).  I headed to Bon-Ton first since I had a $10 off a purchase of $10 or more from their Community Day coupon book and I certainly wasn't going to let $10 go to waste!  I wanted to get something for my little guy since he's rapidly moving on to 3-6 month clothes.  I found him an adorable footie pj outfit that says "Thank Heaven for Little Boys".  It was originally $20, on sale for $10.99 and with my $10 coupon it came out to be $.99.  So as my sweet husband says when he finds something for a good deal that he likes, "Sold".

Then I headed off to work and I needed the perfect blue yarn for a new hat design that someone requested, a blueberry.  I had a 50% off coupon from a competitor's store and used that on my yarn.  $2.99 skein of yarn for $1.49?  Sold.

After work I headed to Babies R Us because our sweet little guy is chewing on his hands non-stop and I wanted to get him one of those Raz Teether pacifiers.  Plus I had a $5 formula check so I wanted to stock up on some formula while I was there.  The Raz Teether was $4.99 but I had a 20% off coupon so it came out to be $3.99. The ready to feed formula was $5.99 but with the check it was $.99.  But then I had a $5 gift card from a previous purchase promotion so I used that.  My bill was $5.22.  What I had to pay?  $.22.  Sold.

Adding up all of these purchases before sale prices and coupons would have been $34.  What I paid for a baby outfit, skein of yarn, formula, and a teething pacifier: $2.70.  Yeah you read that correctly, $2.70.

All in all, I do have to say I impressed myself.

1 comment: