Blog Description

A place for one mom to share her ideas, crafts, stories, and adventures in this exciting time of life called MOTHERHOOD

Friday, April 1, 2011

Remembering Our First Peek...

One year ago today me and my hubby got our first peek at the little baby growing inside of me!  Now he's a week away from being 5 months!  That first magical glimpse of our future baby was so amazing...words just cannot describe it.  He was the size of a grape when we first saw him!  It just takes my breath away to think of this wonderful blessing that us women get to partake of, growing and giving birth to a baby!  My mind just boggles with the thought of him growing from just a few cells into a human being that brings me so much joy!  So here is an excerpt from my journal from that day:

"Well, this was quite a milestone week!

First it all started with a rescheduled doctor's appointment on Thursday. I was into the room with the nurse and she informs me and DH that I'll be getting an H1N1 vaccine, pap smear (...yippee...), and...an ULTRASOUND!!! Which we were both hoping for but thought we would have to fight to get one. Nope!

Oh gosh...was it magical! I gripped DH's hand so tight as we saw the little grape flash up on screen. Baby was moving around like crazy and the nurse first took a picture of baby's back as it rolled over mid-picture! We got to hear the heartbeat twice and it was sooooooo wonderful! I can still hear that muffled, rapid little heart beating away at 175 BPM! My eyes got all teary, I could have stayed at that office all day watching our little baby! We got 5 pictures to take home and a clean bill of health so we felt very good about telling our families this past weekend!..."

No comments:

Post a Comment