Blog Description

A place for one mom to share her ideas, crafts, stories, and adventures in this exciting time of life called MOTHERHOOD

Friday, April 8, 2011

Coupon Help

Lots of my friends have been asking, "How do you do that???  Can you teach me?" about my coupon experiences and well...I will share my findings!

- I highly recommend getting the Sunday news or asking friends to give you the coupon inserts.  Remember, you if you have 5 coupons for an item, you can get 5 items at that price!

- Do sign up with big-name companies whose items you use often.  They will usually send you coupons just for signing up with them and will usually give you a free printable coupon when you do.  Some will even give you free samples!  I just got two free samples of Always pads and 2 $1 off coupons (One for any Always product and one for Always panty liners, so I could stack these!)

- You can stack a store coupon (you can find these in the paper or they print out with your receipt, AKA: "cat or catalina" coupons) with a manufacturer coupon.  Some places even let you use more stacked coupons!  For example: You have a $.50 off Tropicana Orange Juice, a $.25 off any Tropicana product, plus you have a store coupon for $.75 off Tropicana (Most stores will double coupons up to $1) so after doubling you can save $2.50 off OJ!!!

- Make sure that you sign up for the free grocery savings cards at all of your local stores.  When you have a bonus card you get special offers, TONS of savings plus gas points!  Also sign up on their websites for their free weekly ad emailed to you so you can plan your shopping trips based on their sales.  Because unlike retail stores you CAN use coupons for sale items!

- I look over the grocery store ads for the week and then mark everything I want to buy that's brand-name.  Then I look in Diva's coupon database and Coupons.com for what I need.  I print out everything I want and take all of the coupons.  You never know when there is something you missed!

- I also double check which is a better deal, the brand-name with the coupon or the store-brand.  Sometimes its cheaper to get the store-brand even after a brand-name with coupon!

- http://www.coupons.com - They have MOST of the coupons from the Sunday paper and even some that didn't make it.  All you have to do is click and print!  They refresh coupons every week so keep checking back.

- http://www.weusecoupons.com - They have a Facebook page and its just a big message board full of people with their stellar deals and steals along with a heads up on coupons and local sales.

- http://www.budgetsavvydiva.com/coupons/coupon-database/ - Here you can search for coupons and then click on the blue links to print them out for yourself.  You can get an idea of where to find what if there isn't a link posted.  Make sure you follow Budget Savvy Diva on Facebook.  She's posting a new deal or freebie every hour on the hour!

P.S. Target has COUPONS!!!  Scroll down to the bottom of their web page and you'll see a little link that says "coupons".  You can use the Target coupons, plus manufactuer coupons at Target for some great savings!  Plus Target is a few cents cheaper than Walmart!


Please feel free to email me or comment below if you have any questions :)

1 comment:

  1. I wish Target was closer, cause then I would start checking them out. But the closest one is a half hour away, and I would spend more in gas than what I would save :(

    ReplyDelete